Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Creation Station, dance class review

What: Creation Station
They offer classes in dance, music and movement, and karate.

Where: 11239 Ventura Blvd. #206, Studio City, CA 91604
(818)509-8888
http://www.creationstationstudiocity.com
There are other locations in Canoga Park and Culver City, although they are not affiliated
with the Studio City location.

When: Classes are offered Monday - Saturday at all different times.

Who: 18 months - 12 years for numerous types of classes.

Mama of L.A. Review:

What can I say, I LOVE the Creation Station. After experiencing way too many boring mommy & me classes (for both my daughter and I), the Creation Station is the first that is a total hit! I enrolled my daughter in a "Happy Feet" dance class just before she turned 18 months. The class is for 18 month - 2 years and my daughter was SO shy compared to the other kids. For the first few classes she clung to me and stared in awe as the kids danced with toys, spun around on a parachute, chased after bubbles and sang along to "wheels in the bus". And then, one day, my daughter showed up to class and started dancing along with the others. She now listens to the teacher when she says to "turn turn turn" and "kick and "march" and "point your toes" and even runs around our house yelling out dance moves (my favorite of which is wiggle wiggle wiggle).

The Creation Station class is not just about dance, it teaches kids valuable lessons as well. They learn to share toys, put them away when asked, and follow instructions. My favorite part of the class is when each student goes to the front of the room, one by one, and performs a task the teacher asks of them. Usually a turn, followed by "jumping" over little toys. When they are finished, they receive a big round of applause. It is amazing to watch each child as a huge smile spreads across their face, the confidence boost is huge!

This class is a wonderful way to watch your child grow as she/he has a blast with other kids as they dance, sing along to songs, and play with fun interactive toys. And, as an added bonus, the parents I have experienced are great too!

extra tips: If you can go during the week, it is worth it! Saturdays are really full and the room gets a little hot.
Call to schedule a free trial class.